Friday, June 11, 2010

FIFA World Cup 2010

I absolutely love international competition and tournaments. I am a sucker for the Olympics and you will usually find my glued to the television watching with excitement at the most obscure sports that people compete in. Despite what little interest I have in soccer, the FIFA World Cup is no exception. I will be glued to the television and checking my FIFA World Cup app for updates and scores on how the competitions are going over this next month.


I firmly believe that international sports bring out the best of human nature. Countries from around the world compete on the same stage where politically they might not even be communicating with each other. It is that asterisk in world history when one reads through the story of us and sees that for one month the governments of the world put aside their differences and came together to enjoy the thrill of competition.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...