Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Controversy or Not?

So at the Gettysburg Military Park gift shop they decided after only one week that it was not a good idea to sell bobble heads with the likeness of John Wilkes Booth. Despite the fact that the bobble heads were selling like hot cakes they apparently got enough complaints from visitors that forced the organization to halt sales of the item. My real question for everyone out there is if this is truly a controversy or not? Are we actually that offended by the individual who shot a President of the United States that we can not have a likeness of him in bobble head form? Frankly I personally would not want to idealize such an individual but I would never put myself in a position to say an individual couldn't buy it. Regardless how you feel I thought it was an interesting story.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...