Tuesday, May 19, 2009

What can you find at the Tavern

I read a book once called "Rum, Punch, and Revolution" by Peter Thompson and the book focused on the impact that taverns had on early American history, especially before the revolution. Reading the book I realized that taverns were the location where men from varying religious and economic classes would gather. It was in these taverns that the community would share news, share ideas, and discuss everything from politics to everyday life. 

This is what I want my blog to become. I hope for my blog to be that gathering place for men and women from differing social classes, religious sects, and economic backgrounds. I hope you enjoy what I have to offer and take part in this blog because I desire for it to be a discuss and conversation and not simply just something you read. Now step on up to the bar because we always have history on the tap.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...